Our client is a multinational designer, manufacturer and distributor of commercial and high-end residential vinyl wall coverings. The company is well established in both the UK market and overseas.
We are currently hiring a Polymer Scientist /Chemist with expertise in formulating compounds and overseeing fire testing procedures for wall coverings manufacturing. The role involves developing new formulations, optimizing processes, and providing technical support. polymer scientist should have a strong background in polymer chemistry and a commitment to advancing manufacturing standards.
- UK Based
- Growth Opportunity
- Work Visa with Option to Move with Family
- Developing new formulations for polymer (PVC) wallcoverings and processes in response to customer, market and regulatory requirements in collaboration with the manufacturing, design and product development teams.
- Working with colleagues and customers to create new product constructions or types that increase the flexibility and range of products that can be manufactured by the company
- Improving the existing polymer formulations and compounds to meet the changing market and environmental trends
- Investigate and help resolve any issues that may arise to achieve desired results.
- Evaluation of new and alternative raw materials to achieve product benefits such as cost savings, environmental or enhancements to safety.
- Development and control of PVC and other polymers’ paste formulations
- Participation in the PVC and other polymers’ (including plastisol) mixing procedures
- Handling of the ink formulations and investigating new inks systems
- Control and management of Fire Regulations and Testing
- Approval of raw materials
- Approval of raw materials Control of documentation and reporting
- Adherence to safety guidelines and protocols
Nice To Have
- Masters or PhD in Polymers, Plastics, Chemistry or similar
- Good knowledge of and experience in Polymers, plastisol, plastics, printing and related manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge and experience of Fire-Retardant materials in polymers
- Development role experience in Polymers, Plastics, Chemical or converting industry
- Management systems experience including ISO 9001 and ISO 18001 preferable Chemicals safety
What do we offer?
- Pension Scheme
- Cost of Living Review
- Performance Incentives
About TalentHueTalentHue provides scalable, reliable Tech Recruitment, Corporate Recruitment and Consulting (Strategy, Operations, Performance) services. Our Recruitment and HR consultants will work alongside your team to meet the unique needs of your business.
£ 40K – £ 45K (Annually)
Apply Via Email
Any questions? E-mail me